Wednesday, September 08, 2010

HU - A9 on A-J-9 facing shove

So had a very tough spot today. Everyone say easy call? Or tough but mandatory fold? If the draws were not there I think I would turbomuck against all but the most spewtastic opponents. With the clubs and straight draws, not sure. I had also been three betting 15-20% so I do not think my opponent can give me credit for a set, AJ, and even A9 is usually a three bet for me.

Villain is a Tag, preflop - a bit wild.

Table Yosemite (Heads Up) (27653610)

Seat 1: hiksaaa ($145.40 in chips) DEALER
Seat 2: kagame ($416.10 in chips)

hiksaaa: Post SB $0.50
kagame: Post BB $1.00

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to kagame [Ah 9h]

hiksaaa: Raise $2.50
kagame: Call $2.00

*** FLOP *** [Jc 9d Ac]

kagame: Check
hiksaaa: Bet $4.00
kagame: Raise $20.00
hiksaaa: Allin $138.40

kagame ?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey man this is turkish fish / limidonk...
haven't seen you on skype what's up ?

Anonymous said...

I don't think that we can ever fold here (given the information we have). There are quite alot of draws that villain can play this way and even if we just give him premium draws and 2 pair+ a call is still break even.

Unknown said...

Yeah I was feeling paranoid after I snap called his shove and he showed me AJ. The fact I am at the top of my range plus he has many combo draws does make this an easy call I agree. I stoved the hand ranges and its not even funny what a good spot this is. Just goes to show the dangers of results based thinking I suppose.