Thursday, November 08, 2007

Stock markets killing me, lets play some poker

So a little history here; I have found the HU play on UB to be simply atrocious. If only the site wasnt connected to AbsolutelyRigged poker I would be playing there full time, as it is FTP has my business currently, even though the games arent quite as good. Its sortof funny though, I sometimes do better against the higher caliber players, as I know how theyre playing and they have no idea about me b/c I switch the gears alot (Thanks Sammy!).

So back to the hand at issue, this crazy ass had been potting it to $75 every single button and calling my reraises to $300 every hand, with as light as QJ (vs my TT he hits a J and a idioticly value bet the river when he checks behind every street till then). So, I'm down about $1500. Hes running me over, reraising 1/3 of my button raises. So he has a hand but not too often will he have QQ, KK, or AA. I am about 90% confident my JJ is good here before the river, due to his turn check, and at the river he has to have A9 or have flopped a set of 7s to have me beat. A9 I believe he would have lead the turn or check raised since the pot was so big, so unless he was making an awful turn call with AK high, Im only losing to 77744. His terrible turn play allows me to get full value from my hand, and hes not even sure what hes doing on the river, and neither am I, but I know I have the best hand, easy call.


Hand #47285500-12749 at PhilHellmuth4 (No Limit Hold'em)
Started at 09/Nov/07 01:47:37

Kagame is at seat 0 with $2414.
Lent53 is at seat 1 with $3886.50.
The button is at seat 0.

Kagame posts the small blind of $10.
Lent53 posts the big blind of $25.

Kagame: Jc Jd
Lent53: -- --

Pre-flop:

Kagame raises to $75. Lent53 re-raises to $280.
Kagame calls.

Flop (board: 9c 4d 7s):

Lent53 bets $410. Kagame calls.

Turn (board: 9c 4d 7s 4c):

Lent53 checks. Kagame bets $600. Lent53 calls.

River (board: 9c 4d 7s 4c As):

Lent53 bets $2580. Kagame goes all-in for $1124.
Lent53 is returned $1456 (uncalled).



Showdown:

Lent53 shows 8d 8h.
Lent53 has 8d 8h 4d 4c As: two pair, eights and fours.
Kagame shows Jc Jd.
Kagame has Jc Jd 4d 4c As: two pair, jacks and fours.


Hand #47285500-12749 Summary:

$.50 is raked from a pot of $4828.
Kagame wins $4827.50 with two pair, jacks and fours.
----------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: