"Improving our coping is important, not just to moderate the impact of stress, but to help us retain access to those subtle cognitive, emotional, and physiological cues that are markers for our implicit knowledge. As I've noted in past posts, we know more than we know we know. What we call intuition is actually an internalization of repeated experience that makes us exquisitely sensitive to patterns in events...
When we do not cope well and are overwhelmed by the mind and body's flight or fight responses, we lose access to those implicit cues...
Similarly, the trader who is enmeshed in panic, worry, and frustration loses access to subtle market patterns--and especially to the internal cues that are alerts to those patterns. This is how we can make decisions in the heat of market action that we later look back upon and wonder, "How could I have done that? How could I have missed that?"
Coping is crucial, because it keeps us in a zone in which we can reason well explicitly, but can also act swiftly upon our implicit knowing."
http://traderfeed.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment